For the Web Edition:
The International Affairs Review is currently accepting article submissions for the Web site. Submissions are accepted on a weekly basis and the deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time every Thursday .
To be considered for the website, articles must:
- Be written by current or recent graduate students with coursework relevant to international affairs.
- Address a current and ongoing international affairs-related policy debate.
- Take a clearly-articulated position on the treated issue and conclude with the formulation of plausible policy recommendations.
- Be approximately 800 words in length. MAXIMUM 1,000 words
- Include a short biographical statement about the author and the author's full contact information.
-Be single-spaced and in Microsoft Word.
-Use Chicago style endnotes.
For more information about International Affairs Review Web site submission guidelines, please refer to the following documents:
IAR Editorial Process
IAR Style Guide for Writers
IAR Website Commonly Used Phrases and Words
Please email all submissions for the website to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions must be sent in Microsoft Word format. Please label all emails appropriately.
Please note: submitted articles will become property of the International Affairs Review, which accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged materials.
For the Journal:
The International Affairs Review print journal accepts submissions on a rolling basis, but there is a set deadline each semester. If we receive your submission after the semester's deadline your paper will be considered for the following semester.
To be considered for the journal, papers must:
- Related to International Affairs, with preference given to timely global or regional issues.
- Between 15 and 20 pages, double-spaced at 12 point font, with recommendations for policy alternatives, resolutions, and future challenges related to the issue.
- Properly documented according to Chicago Manual of Style guidelines. References must be in complete endnote form.
Submissions for the journal should be emailed to email@example.com. All submissions must be sent in Microsoft Word format. Please label all emails appropriately.